Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Working on a box

Yesterday I worked in the studio for a bit decorating a box. The box smells like it is cedar wood, but it's kinda boring and blank, so it needs to be altered and added to. Thus far, I've decoupaged on a cool picture of an electric shovel turning into a bone and used Liquid Nails to glue on parts from a broken bracelet in a kinda future/ sci-fi/ post-apoclyptic way. Now that the glue has dried, I'm going to add a bit of medical tubing and teddybear eyes to look like the contents of the box are feeding a pile of amphibian eggs; or at least, that's what I'm hoping to obtain. After that, I'm going to add some copper nails and a patina, but we'll see about the patina, I might not be feeling it. Might add a toy or two if I'm feeling like it and some fabric or wire or feathers, haven't quite figured out that part yet. Just going to play it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment