Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Deconstruction

Today I disassembled a shirt. I love deconstructing things, teehee, it makes me so happy. Maybe I should find someone who can make things from what I take apart so I can keep doing my favorite part of deconstruction fashion (that would be the cutting). My process thus car has involved cutting the collar and cuffs off of a men's dress shirt that I found at the Goodwill down the street from my home (after washing it first), then I cut apart the garment at the seams, discarding the seams themselves. It only took about 20-30 minutes to break down the garment into its constituent parts.

Now, I just have to find a non-stretchy skirt that I want to use as a pattern so I can reassemble the parts into something new and crazy. Do I derive too much pleasure from taking something that was intended for an office atmosphere and turning it into something alternative and creative and wild? I don't think so, but perhaps it is just my deep-seated loathing of the corporate world with its business casual dress code that has helped me justify my joy in tearing down the cubicle walls through fashion and other creative endeavors. Either that, or I'm crazy. I will keep you apprised of the progress of the shirt to skirt deconstruction project.

No comments:

Post a Comment